Gazpacho is Spain's world famous cold soup.
It is quite popular as one would imagine during the warmer months of the year.
A classic of Spanish cuisine a traditional gazpacho recipe ingredients include plenty of fresh tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, peppers and garlic.
- 2 lbs Ripe Tomatoes, Peeled and Chopped
- 1 White Onion, Chopped
- 1 Cucumber, Peeled and Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 TBSP Sherry Vinegar
- 3 Green Peppers, Seeds Removed and Chopped
- 1/2 Red Pepper, Seeds Removed and Diced
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper, Seeds Removed and Diced
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Cup of Bagette Torn into Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Place the tomatoes, green peppers, cucumber, onion, garlic and bread in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
Add the salt and vinegar and while blending on a slow speed, slowly add the olive oil.
If the texture is too thick add some cold water. Adjust the salt and vinegar to taste.
Refrigerate for at least three hours or overnight. Serve in small bowls with diced red and yellow pepper garnish.