Puchero is a hearty Argentinian meat and vegetable stew or soup also popular in other Latin American countries, including Paraguay, Uruguay and Spain.
Typically eaten during the colder months of the year. This Puchero recipe will satisfy the largest of appetites.
- 2 lbs Beef, Cut in 2"x3" Pieces
- 4 Ears of Corn, Cut into 2" Pieces
- 4 Potatoes, Peeled & Cut into Chunks
- One Chicken, Cut into 8 Pieces
- 2 Onions, Chopped
- 4 Pieces of Pumpkin, Cut 3" Pieces
- Boiling Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 oz Bacon, Cut in 1" Pieces
- 4 Carrots
- 4 Sweet Potatoes, Peel & Cut into Chunks
- 2 Tomatoes, Cut into Pieces
- 8 Slices Liver Sausage
- 1 Calf's Foot, Split in 4
Fill a large pot halfway with water and 1 TBSP salt, bring to a boil.
Add the beef, fowl, and calf's foot to the boiling water and bring to a boil again. Lower heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Add the rest of the ingredients, add more water if necessary and simmer until the vegetables are tender.
Serve while hot in large bowls.