Chimichurri is an extremely popular sauce used for grilled meats such as steak and chicken. It can be found throughout Argentina and Uruguay. Depending on the recipe it's appearance is either green or red in color.
If you find yourself in Argentina, you can bet to find a bowl of salsa chimichurri in every restaurant and on every dinner table. This chimichurri recipe yields 3/4 of a cup.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (2 1/2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
In a food processor, combine the parsley, vinegar, garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper. Process until smooth; season with salt and pepper.
Transfer the sauce to a bowl and pour the olive oil over the mixture.
Let stand for at least 20 minutes.