Salsa Lizano Recipes - Gallo Pinto Recipes
Below you'll find some of the best recipes for the national dish of Costa Rica, Gallo Pinto. Gallo Pinto is a famous Costa Rican dish consisting of rice and beans and enjoyed anytime of the day. These gallo pinto recipes recipes have been submitted by our loyal customers who would like to share their wonderful recipes with the rest of the Amigofoods community. If you have a new and different take on a Gallo Pinto recipe or have used Salsa Lizano on another delicious dish, please email us and we'll be sure to add it below.
Gallo Pinto Recipe - Submitted by Silvia
|2 Cloves of Chopped Garlic
1 Chopped Red Pepper
1 Chopped Onion
1 Cup of Cooked Rice
1 Cup of Cooked Beans
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
1/3 Cup of Chopped Cilantro or Coriander
4 Tablespoons of Salsa Lizano
A dash of Black Pepper
Steps To Prepare
- First, fry all your vegetables together; garlic, red peppers, onions and cilantro in the vegetable oil for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Next, add your beans, pour in your Salsa Lizano and add your dash of black pepper.
- Finally, add your cooked rice and mix well with the beans and the rest of your ready to eat Gallo Pinto dish.
Gallo Pinto Recipe - Submitted by Janet
|2 Tablespoons Cilantro or Coriander
1/2 Cup of Diced White Onions
2 Cups of Long Grain Rice
1 Cup Cooked Small Black Beans
3 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
A Dash of Salt
Enough Lizano Sauce To Satisfy Your Personal Taste
Steps To Prepare
- Start off by heating the vegetable oil on Medium High.
- Add your diced onions and cook them until a golden brown.
- Next, add your small black beans, and stir over Low Medium for a couple of minutes
- Add the cooked long grain rice and Cilantro.
- Mix wel & allow to simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Add a pinch of Salt
- Add Lizano Sauce as needed.
Go To Lizano Salsa Homepage